In the NHS Constitution research is cited as a core part of the NHS, because it enables the NHS "to improve the current and future health of the population".
West Leicestershire CCG is committed to promoting high-quality health research which focuses on the needs of our population and is relevant to our healthcare priorities.
We have created a short guide aimed at members of the public, including patients, carers and their representatives, who are interested in becoming involved in health research, or simply want to find out more about it.
Local Research Networks and Partnerships
The CCG and local research networks are working together to make sure that health research provides the evidence needed to improve healthcare and treatment. Some of the networks have their own information for patients and the public. Click on the networks below to see what research is taking place and how you could get involved:
• Trent Stroke Research Network
• South East Midlands Diabetes Research Network
• Heart of England Mental Health Research Hub
• Medicines for Children Research Network East
• Thames Valley Dementias and Neurodegenerative Diseases Research Network
• Leicestershire, Northamptonshire and Rutland Cancer Research Network
You can also visit the clinical trials gateway to search for research projects taking place in your area that you can get involved in. You can search by location and health condition at: http://www.ukctg.nihr.ac.uk/