Summary Care Record
If you are registered with a GP practice in England you will have a core Summary Care Record (SCR), unless you have previously chosen not to have one. It includes important information about your health:
- Medicines you are taking
- Allergies you suffer from
- Any bad reactions to medicines
You can also choose to have additional information included in your SCR, which can enhance the care you receive. This information includes:
- Your illnesses and health problems
- Operations and vaccinations you have had in the past
- How you would like to be treated – such as where you would prefer to receive care
- What support you might need
- Who should be contacted for more information about you
Healthcare leads across LLR recommend that all patients sign up. You may need to be treated by health and care professionals who do not know your medical history. Essential details about your healthcare can be difficult to remember, particularly when you are unwell or have complex care needs. Having an enhanced SCR can help the staff involved in your care access information more quickly, enabling them to make better and safer decisions about your treatment.
What to do next
If you would like your SCR to be enhanced with additional information (or the SCR of someone you are a carer for), then please complete the enhanced SCR consent form and return to your GP surgery.